WHC’s counselling program provides free appointment-based counselling for girls, women, Two-Spirit, trans, non-binary, and gender nonconforming people.
Our program is for those who can’t afford the cost of counselling or do not have access to private health insurance and third-party billing.
- adult counselling (age 19 and up)
- teen counselling (ages 13-18) You do not need a referral, or permission from a parent or guardian to see a counsellor.
Our qualified and experienced counsellors can help you:
- make goals that work for you.
- identify and work through problems.
- find new ways of dealing with your concerns.
To get started, please call 204-947-2422 ext. 204
Our intake counsellor can answer your questions, tell you about wait times, and find other helpful resources for you. If you have barriers to phoning, you can have a support person contact intake on your behalf to discuss other intake options.
Please see our counselling services agreement to learn more about our approach to counselling.
We also have a guide with information on using benefits to pay for counselling.
Please visit this link for information on who to contact if you are in crisis, and other free, low-cost, or sliding-scale counselling programs in Winnipeg.