The General Dietitian at Women’s Health Clinic focuses on the following concerns:
- Concerns with body weight, shape or size
- History of off-and-on dieting
- Feelings of guilt of anxiety around food choices, labeling foods as “good” or “bad”
- An interest in Health at Every Size (HAES®)/weight neutral/non-dieting approach
For other concerns and general nutrition advice, individuals can use the following resources:
Services over the phone:
Dial a Dietitian
1-877-830-2892 (toll free)
See a full list of dietitians near you through the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) here.
Please note: These dietitian services are not directly affiliated with WHC and may or may not follow the Health At Every Size® model of care that we do.
Eat Your Heart Out: A Refreshing Perspective on Food and Wellness
- Is food and health on your mind?
- Are you concerned about your weight, shape or size?
- Do you feel guilty or anxious when choosing what to eat?
- Do you think of some food as “good” and others as “bad”?
- Are you frustrated with dieting and looking for long term change?
Eat Your Heart Out is a 3-week group program that covers these topics and the basics of nutrition in a friendly, non-judgmental environment.
New virtual sessions are starting in November and December via MS Teams. For more information or to register, contact us at 204-947-2422 ext. 537 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development & Health Education
Our dietitian also provides professional education and facilitator training to health service providers from a non-dieting, weight-neutral approach. If you are interested in Eat Your Heart Out facilitator training, or learning more about how to adopt principles of non-dieting and weight-neutrality into your practice, please contact 204-947-2422 ext. 142.