We are a feminist, community health clinic in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Since 1981, we have offered a range of services to women of all ages. Through our Teen Clinic and the Provincial Eating Disorders Prevention & Recovery Program, we also offer some services to males.
Our holistic approach to health emphasizes prevention, education and action. We encourage people to learn all they can about what contributes to their health and well-being so they can make informed choices. We offer:
- health and wellness services that are client-centred, non-judgmental and fully confidential
- health education to community and professional groups
- resources and information
- advocacy on women’s health issues
Our service providers are female. For more information on our programs and services:
204-947-1517 (in Winnipeg)
1-866-947-1517 (toll-free outside Winnipeg)
In 2003, Women’s Health Clinic became accredited through the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation.
We currently provide appointments for the following essential services (appointments are by phone whenever possible):
- abortion (both aspiration and medication abortion) including the follow-up
- emergency contraception
- pregnancy and birth control counselling/information
- birth control (including pill pick up, IUD insertions and urgent follow-up)
- STI checks and treatment