Research Review Committee
Our approach is to involve research participants in a non-exploitative way. We have created a Research Review Committee (RRC) to ensure that the research we conduct and participate in meets the highest scientific, ethical, and legal standards.
The RRC will review, approve and disseminate internal and external research requests and support community-based research for:
- WHC research projects
- WHC participation in external research
- requests for WHC client data for research purposes
For approval, research requests must:
- align with WHC vision, mission and values
- comply with the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA)
- receive ethics approval by the research affiliated institution
- increase greater understanding of women’s health
- commit to sharing the research findings report with WHC and participants
- be accessible and inclusive
To be accountable to participants and the larger community, we will post website updates when we conduct our own research or participate in community research.
Please contact Tanya Zubert:
- If you would like WHC to participate in a research project.
- If you are a community member or client interested in women’s health research and would like to contribute to this committee. (subject line Research Review Committee)