About our advocacy program:
Through our advocacy program, we work to create systemic change within local, provincial and federal health care systems by:
- Analyzing emerging health issues and related health service and policy implications using both informal and formal research mechanisms.
- Responding to requests for feedback on government or organization discussion papers, policy statements, regulations and legislation, and to participate in consultations.
- Developing innovative and effective policies on issues affecting women’s health.
- Providing forums for community consultation and input, including consumers, service providers and policy makers to exchange information, debate issues and develop common perspectives were possible. This process informs our development of position statements and public policies.
- Using multiple strategies to raise awareness and garner support, including conferences, articles, media relations, distributing briefs and position papers, correspondence, networking and coalition building.