MISSION: Women’s Health Clinic offers sexual, reproductive and mental health care and support for people of all genders.
VISION: We promote people’s agency as we believe that all people should be empowered to take care of their mental, emotional, physical, sexual, and spiritual health and well-being.
• We listen and learn – We believe people are experts in their own health care.
• We believe that everyone has the right to make their own choices.
• We recognize and honour intersectionality – multi-layered experiences and identities.
• We embrace anti-oppressive, feminist, anti-racist, intersectional, inclusive and 2SLGBTQ+ experiences and frameworks. This is also reflected in our staff, volunteers and Board of Directors.
• We commit to the principles of decolonization and reconciliation, and the integration of the TRC calls to action in our work. • We are mindful about amplifying people’s voices.
• We advocate.
• We celebrate our diversity and embrace having fun together.
We are a feminist community health clinic in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Since 1981, we have offered a range of services. We maintain the name Women’s Health Clinic due to the history and ongoing need for a safe place for women. We welcome other genders including Two-Spirit, genderqueer, trans and non-binary people. We also welcome males in some programs, recognizing that there are barriers to care for all genders. For more information on our programs and who we serve click here.
Our holistic approach to health emphasizes prevention, education and action. We encourage people to learn all they can about what contributes to their health and well-being so they can make informed choices.
- client-centred, non-judgmental and fully confidential health and wellness services
- health education to community and professional groups
- resources and information
- advocacy on women’s health issues
Our service providers include a range of genders including women, trans and non-binary people, and men.
Please call 204-947-1517 (in Winnipeg) or toll-free 1-866-947-1517 (outside Winnipeg) for more information on our programs and services.
In 2003, Women’s Health Clinic became accredited through the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation.